Scrapbook Paper Flower Ornaments Tutorial

As I’ve already said, I’m a Christmas Freak and I’ve really opened up my inner craftiness so….another ornament tutorial, yes, yes it is! Hope you like it!
A few years back I saw these Scrapbook Paper Flower Ornaments and I LOVED them. I didn’t know if I was going to be able to re-create them but I did it.
I have a thing about glitter so I chose some paper with glitter, lots and lots of glitter.
 I used a paper cutter to cut the paper into 2 inch wide, 6 inch long strips. I’m terrible at freehand cutting or drawing, or just about anything.
This is literally the only scrapbook tool I own…LIFESAVER!
 You need ten strips for 1 flower
 (Sorry for the mismatching paper on the tutorial, I forgot to take pictures of every step, I’m new at this :) )
Take each strip and bend it into a teardrop shape like this:
Staple the end of each of the teardrops
And YES! Those are PURPLE staples, I like things fancy schmancy!
Next, put the tear drops into a flower shape
 Then, I used double sided tape and put it on each piece to attach it to the next “petal”
 Attach all ten “petals” together
Then I put a little round disc in the center of the circle and attached a silver ribbon to hang them and done!
Here’s a few more pictures
 I still can’t decide if I like the solid red or with a splash of green..hmmm decisions decisions
If you liked this post, please click to vote for my blog at Top Mommy Blogs! Thanks!!
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Here are a few of my other awesome tutorials:
Linking up Here:
Skip to my Lou, Homemaker on a Dime, Pinkapotamus, I Heart Nap Time, Craftomaniac, Nifty Thrifty Things, Tatertots and Jello, Todays Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Sugarbee Crafts, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Truly Lovely with the Laney Sisters, Bower Power Blog, Joy in the Jumble, Eisy Morgan, Somewhat Simple, Every Creative Endeavor, Fireflies and Jellybeans, House of Hepworth, It’s Sew Stinkin Cute, What Allie’s Making Now, Thrifty 101, momnivores-dilemma, Kristenscreations, Delightful Order, Crafty Scrappy Happy, Literally Inspired, Bacon time, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Fun to Craft, Romantic Home, Family Ever After, At the Picket Fence,Homemaker in Heels, Chic on a shoestring, Easy Peasy Grandma, Dittle Dattle, The Girl Creative, At Home with K, A Work in Progress, Newlyweds on a Budget

34 comments on “Scrapbook Paper Flower Ornaments Tutorial

1. Miranda on said:

Woot! I’m pinning these to make in the future!

2. Venassa on said:

I like the splash of green myself. Very cute ornaments. I wish I had the urge to be crafy this Christmas. Well, I guess I do but I haven’t gone through with it yet.

3. {oc cottage} on said:

Those are darling!m ^..^

4. You are on a roll!! These are great!! I love that you could use all different kinds of paper to match your own Christmas color scheme! Thanks again!! I love you and your site!!

5. Such a cute and simple idea! I saw this through a link party and I can’t wait to try it!

6. Phil and Darby Hawley on said:

Oh I just love these ornaments! They are so pretty! I bet its extra pretty and shiney with the lights shining on the glitter :-)

7. Jen@I Want a Nap on said:

These are too cute! I like the splash of green but it’s great either way.

8. Grumpy Grateful Mom on said:

I love those! I’m impressed with your craftiness as of late! I think I definitely need to invest in paper cutter.

9. Kindra-At Home With K on said:

Super cute flower ornaments! I can just imagine a tree full of them! Thanks for the tutorial!I’m your newest follower! Stop on by sometime. I have a weekly linky party called Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays. It’s for projects made for $10 or less. I would love to have you!

10. These are really cute! I would love it if you add your flowers here:http://juliejewels.blogspot.com/2011/12/show-off-your-stuff.html

11. Really, really cute Katherine! I’m really enjoying these tutorials; these look like things I could actually make!

12. So cute! Great tutorial! Thanks!

13. L.A.C.E. on said:

very pretty :) I must go back and checkout previous posts. I have been MIA for a while. I almost voted :)

14. Love those…Will have to make some with the kids tomorrow:)

15. Shareena on said:

this is gorgeous!! I love crafts and I will try this myself!

16. Too Cute! :)

17. CSI girl on said:

This is so great!!! I would love for you to share this on the CSI Project this week. The theme is ornaments. Come by everyday to see a tutorial. Then link up starting Wednesday at midnight!!!!We have a great giveaway too!ThanksDee, the CSI girlwww.thecsiproject.com

18. Kassi @ Truly Lovely on said:

These are so pretty! Love the glitter paper you chose! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays by the way! :)

19. Kimberley on said:

Super cute! I’ll have to remember these!!

20. These are SUPER awesome.. I LOVE them (PIN Worthy!!!).. So festive and pretty.. I’m Mariyn – Your newest HAPPY follower here.. Loving your blog.. SO much CREATIVITY!! I’m inspired.. Will love for you to stop in sometime.. http://theartsygirlconnection.com .. Wishing you an amazing rest of the week.. ~M

21. Nikki@EverythingUndertheMoon on said:

I love these! They are really awesome and definitely festive!! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by share this at my linky party going on right :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/chwh-with-hannah.htmlHappy Holidays!!

22. Amanda K @ Every Creative Endeavor on said:

Very Cute! I love the red glittery paper – darling. Thank you so much for linking up!!

23. Jenifer Harrod on said:

How pretty!Please come share at:www.ladybugswithzoi.blogspot.com

24. Trish@MomOnTimeout on said:

These are so beautiful (& EASY!) I’d love for you to share with my readers if you get a chance: http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/12/taking-timeout-thursday-no-8.html

25. Lindsi B on said:

Those are SO pretty! Would you please share this with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

26. Hi there, I think your ornaments are very charming. If I had a large tree I wouldn’t hesitate in making some and putting them on it. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chrishttp://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

27. Christy on said:

My family has been looking for a fun craft we could do together, and I LOVE these flowers and already have tons of paper. Thanks so much for the fun idea!!

28. ReviewsSheROTE Pamela R on said:

these are really very cute!

29. Karri Reiser on said:

They are beautiful. Thank you for adding them to my Our Favorite Things Link Party. I’m going to have fun making these.

30. MorganizewithMe on said:

These are beautiful! What a great idea!Morgan :)

31. Accidentally Wonderful on said:

What a great way to use up those little scraps! I’d love it if you’d share this at my linky party! http://www.accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com

32. What a cute idea. I have tons of scrapbook paper that I need to use.

33. Mandy Beyeler on said:

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts – you were featured today!–Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

34. What type of double sided tape did you use? Every kind I have tried does not hold the petals together and it all falls apart! I love the design and they are beautiful, but not very sturdy.Thanks,Tracy