14 AFFORDABLE Organizing Ideas – For The Entire Home

14 AFFORDABLE Organizing Ideas – For The Entire Home
Like the rest of the world, when a new year approaches, I start envisioning all of the ways I’m going to improve the upcoming year. My household probably falls into the category of “Where the heck did I put {Insert, Seriously.Anything}” . Literally I just explained to the hubs that I’m working on an organization post and he called me a fraud, it’s seriously time I get organized.Step 1: Check Pinterest for awesome organization ideas.
Step 2: Admire beautifully organized spaces.
Step 3: Scoff at ridiculous prices people spend to get organized.
Step 4: Search AFFORDABLE ways to get organized.
Step 5: Share with Ya’llI hate when I fall in love with a beautifully organized space, only to see that they’ve spent $1,296
on shelving, fancy baskets, file systems, etc… I’m more of a: slap some fancy paper on the outside of a diaper box and call it a file box. (Did you guys just want to do that too?!) No? Just me, ok, your loss.So I went to work and searched for AFFORDABLE storage and organization solutions and without further ado, here’s the 14 I thought were the most fantabulous. Enjoy and get organized.

1. Organize Kitchen Clutter with My Home Life’s affordable ideas
2. Pennies and Blessings shows us how easy it is to organize your Fridge
3. Delightful Order uses Dollar Tree bins with cute tags to redo a linen closet
4. The Crazy Craft Lady reorganized her ENTIRE bathroom with Dollar Store Products, Genius!
5. Pink and Green Mama – I kind of want her to adopt me. Check out her organized kids room and organized toy storage solutions.
6. Pink and Green Mama again, seriously her blog is the place to be. I don’t even know what you’re still doing here ;) Rainbow Themed Color Box organization for Kids Crafts
7. Delightful Order did a fantastic Dollar Store Sippy Cup Drawer Organization
8. Finding Fabulous impressively redid an entire Craft Closet with Dollar Store and Target solutions
9. This is Happiness shares an AMAZINGLY organized kids Craft Closet using Dollar Store Bins
10. Apartment Therapy has some creative and cheap solutions. Using a Paper Towel Roll holder for Ribbons, flower pots for pens and pencils. Great ideas!
11. Mini Manor Blog shows some great ideas for how to handle my nemesis…PAPERWORK. *Shutter*
12. Dollar Store Crafts shows a clever way to store Scrapbook paper using Ziptop bags and Pant Hangers
13. Homemaking Fun has an affordable and  fool proof mail sorting system – I need this desperately!!
14. Dollar Store Mom probably has the most organized car on the planet with some Dollar Store items.And there you have it! 14 AFFORDABLE ideas on ways to organize your home. You’re welcome ;)

40 comments on “14 AFFORDABLE Organizing Ideas – For The Entire Home

1. #14 – Wow,wow, wow!

2. Heather on said:

Thanks for sharing…I love the kitchen drawer idea. I’m heading to the Dollar Store tomorrow :)

3. Love this post!! Some great tops! :)

4. Rachelle Smith on said:

Oh my gosh! Thanks for much for sharing this info. I need to get organized too. I found your link on The Clever Chicks Blog Hop & I’m so glad I stopped by. Definitely pinning this!Thanks againRachelle S.http://www.stitchesbyrachelle.blogspo.comhttp://www.rpsphotography.com

5. loves2spin on said:

Inspiring! I LOVE dejunking, and then organizing is harder, but you’ve really given me some good ideas. Thank you!

6. Wonderful tips. I have been pinning lots of organizing tips recently too. I have been working on my kitchen and plan on posting when I get it done. I found you thru The Clever Chicks Blog Hop. I am now a follower.Thanks;Tammyhttp://www.tammyinwv.blogspot.com/

7. #14 is pretty sweet. I’m always forgetting things I need on the go. I really need a day of organizing around the house.

8. Lauras Crafty Life on said:

I love the Dollar Tree for buying inexpensive baskets and sorters. They have a lot of options and colors!

9. Bella So Savvy on said:

I love these ideas! I don’t shop our dollar stores very often but need to stop in soon and see if they have any of those cute teal colored baskets. My home needs some serious organization. Being a blogger I feel like it’s becoming a home for hoarders. :ODee Mauserhttp://www.bellasavvy.net

10. Amanda Lyn on said:

Thanks for sharing this, I love these ideas! Can’t wait to implement them in my home!

11. Debra Gordon on said:

Nice tip with my 4 its hard to keep organized

12. Karren Haller on said:

I love all that you have shown here, wow great ideas, I love to see organization, I needed ideas, my favorite is #5 and the hangers with zip bags is great. I have even hung newspaper articles I wanted to keep this way. Stopping by today from one of the FB groups. Hope you have time to stop by Oh! My Heartsie Happy New Year!!

13. Young At Heart Mommy on said:

These ideas are AMAZING! I am going to have to try to do some of these myself, especially in my daughter’s room. I have been searching Pinterest for alternatives to throwing everything out!

14. Kelly R on said:

Thank you for all the great tips and ideas. I need to organize my home and these are some wonderful ideas..

15. Jennifer Woosley on said:

some great ideas that got me thinking of thing I want to start projects on..thanks!

16. Christy Maurer on said:

Such awesome ideas! I have some of those baskets from the dollar tree already! Need to get organized!

17. Megan Sutliff on said:

These are some great ideas!! I really love #14

18. JaShawndra Robinson on said:

thanks for sharing :) Would you like to come organize my home next? It seems nearly impossible to do with two infants, a toddler and a cave man

19. Lori Vann on said:

I am already planning to do my laundry room the next time the kids go to their dads. I found baskets at Dollar Tree (praying they are there in 2 weeks when I go back), and have found tons of neat ideas on pinterest for things to do, cute little labeling tricks & tips!

20. Gladys Parker on said:

I’m in love! Seriously, all of sudden I want to make my grandchildren a craft closet and bedroom here. I want to start crafting just to use some of the fabulous ideas like the paper towel holder for ribbon (that would have came in handy for Christmas prep. Paperwork is also my nemesis. I had to search when it came time to pay the taxes *EEK*

21. Carissa Rasmussen on said:

dollar store organizing is the best! can’t wait to see what you come up with after all this great inspiration

22. Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! on said:

Those are all great ideas! Thank you for sharing them!

23. Emilee Roberts on said:

Cute ideas! I’m hoping to get more organized this year as well! (I say this every year, but I’m hoping I actually DO IT this year! haha) Thanks for sharing these great ideas!

24. Jerla Oh lalala on said:

Wow! that’s neat. I think i need something like that too :D http://www.noypeeto.net/2013/01/posy-lane-personalized-backpack-product.html

25. Jennifer Ruffin on said:

These ideas are amazing! Now just to remember where I put that motivation to do some of them… Great post!

26. wow!! this was an awesome post – i loved all your tips!! it was the perfect one to read tonight as i have been organizing and nesting like crazy!! and omygosh, that IS one organzied car at the end. :) hope your week is off to a great start! thanks so much for sharing. <3xoxoxmaria

27. Rachel on said:

Love all of these ideas! I need to organize my bathroom, our closet, the kitchen… my list goes on!Rachelhttp://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

28. Jennifer Williams on said:

I am ocd so getting organized is not an issue for me, I live with three boys so these are good ideas for them.

29. Danielle @ We Have It All on said:

I LOVE this post! I am a BINaholic so I LOVE the ideas of organizing everything with bins. Oh and the one for the back of the car – great idea! Thanks for this great post!

30. Kassi Mortensen on said:

Ooh! Lots of great ideas! I’m with you… who has that kind of money to spend on buckets?!? Sheesh!

31. Jessica on said:

Thank you so much for sharing these! Like you, I’m always disappointed when I find a beautifully organized space only to discover they spent way more than I could ever afford. The Dollar Store is really a great place to find practical storage solutions!

32. Jenn AJennuineLife on said:

I love this affordable organization roundup! I would love for you to come link up at my weekly linky party Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life. I’m working with a couple of bigger bloggers to feature great projects, so I’m hoping to bring fabulous exposure for participants! http://ajennuinelife.blogspot.com/2013/01/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-2.html

33. SchneiderPeeps on said:

What great ideas. I came over from 504 Main…glad I did

34. Kathy Shea Mormino on said:

I’m not allowed in the Rubbermaid sections of department stores anymore (or so my husband wishes!). GREAT ideas! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again! Cheers,Kathy Shea MorminoThe Chicken Chickhttp://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

35. Aimee - The Crazy Craft Lady on said:

Thanks for featuring me on your round up… There are so many great ideas here!

36. Diana - FreeStyleMama on said:

I really need to get organized!!

37. Organized Island on said:

Hi! Found you on the Pin Me Party. I love all things organized & I am pinning this! Also following on Twitter :)

38. Hopeful on said:

Your ideas are pretty useful for an unorganized person like me. That’s why I need to get focused to it.

39. Becky {This Is Happiness} on said:

Great post with lots of inspiration! Thanks so much for including my kids’arts and crafts closet!

40. Rick in South Carolina on said:

These are all good ideas. As a grandparent I believe you can improve your child’s toy storage by recognizing the following:
    1. Children only need a handful of high quality toys at home to choose from.
    2. Children want to be able to SEE where the toys are when they go looking for one. So make sure you use clear plastic bins or doors.
    3. Each toy should have a specific place or “home” where it belongs when the child done playing with it.
    4. Kids should never have to face the daunting task of picking up dozens of toys at once.
    5. A toy in the hand or on the floor that the child is done playing with should still have “value” in exchange for a new toy.

I built the one at a time toy cabinet for my grandson several years ago. It meets all 5 of these basic criteria, especially since it requires him to put a toy back before being able to get out another toy. Now I’m experimenting with making the cabinet electronic and expandable as children age and gets more toys.

You can see a video of what I’m trying to do at

/www.kickstarter.com/projects/617011249/one-at-a-time-cabinet