Irish Themed Baby Shower

When my step-sister told me she wanted to have an Irish Themed Baby Shower, I was beyond thrilled! We’re huge St. Patrick’s Day fans and we love our Irish roots so this was perfect for me. This type of party would be great for an Irish Themed Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, or even St. Patrick’s Day party.

I made a lot of the decor and the sponsors and companies I used are at the bottom of the post. If you have ANY questions on how I did anything, please let me know via comment or email and I’ll help ya out!

Enjoy :)

Starting with Invites which I got from Expressions Paperie:

Irish Diaper Wreath

Irish Diaper Cake!

All of the Green!

I hand painted Frame with a little Irish Baby Blessing:
“Bless Your Little Irish Heart, And Every Other Irish Part”

Another stenciled and hand painted frame. I also added the trim and painted it green. The Shamrock was made on Tagxedo and I put the words: Irish, Baby, Blessing, Lucky, Joy, Love, Perfect, Beautiful, & Johnston.
Here’s a 3rd frame which I painted, stenciled, and added the trim also.
Also made some tissue paper flower accents, a Tissue Paper Flower Centerpiece, and Green Scrapbook Paper Heart Banner

Here’s the mantle all together

Vanilla Cupcakes with Green Sprinkles

Candy Buffet!!! Courtesy of ACandyStore.com. These are Green Apple Gummy Bears (these were delicious and smelled amazing), Green Watermelon Jelly Beans, Green Sixlets, and Mints.

I made the jars with candlesticks and vases from the dollar store. To spruce them up  I added a Green Ribbon and a shamrock to the vases.

Here’s a close up of the Tissue Paper Flower Bouquets which I added some ribbon too and put in these green vases.

Game Table with Tissue Paper Flower Accents

Wishes for Baby

Sweet notes for Mom and Dad where you write messages on diapers.

Cute Gender Guess using mustaches or lips. Each guest picked their guess and we took some fun pictures!

Here’s a great view of the room.
Tissue Paper Pom Poms on the ceiling sponsored by PomLove.
The Mimosa Bar has a green satin cloth cover from WholePort.com

I made this super cute Shamrock with Scrapbook Hearts cut with my Cricut and sewn together.

Mimosa Bar!

This Green Confetti from PomLove was SO fun and really pulled all of the tables together.

Tissue Paper Pom Poms are SO awesome!

Brunch Buffet, Fruit Salad, Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches, Brie, Crackers, Asparagus, and Quiches.

A Baby Shower Sorbet Punch with Rubber Duckys!

Hershey Bar Gender Favors and I added a Green Yarn Pom Pom ball on a green stick to add some Irish flare.

Shamrocks and Green Galore

This custom embroidered shamrock blanket was made by the amazing Five Stitches Embroidery. She’s amazing and I’ve now purchased a few blankets from her that everyone loves.

And here’s me, my Gorgeous Step Sister and Baby Irish!
Who also happens to be Italian married to an Irishman named Brian ;)

Let me know if you have any questions!
HUGE thanks to my sponsors: Expressions Paperie, PomLove, WholePort, and ACandyStore.com

42 comments on “Irish Themed Baby Shower

1. Wow so much detail. I bet it was amazing. Ps.. stop looking so great. You’re making the rest of us look bad.

2. Jennifer Williams on said:

That was amazing, I am so not creative. I would need to hire you for throwing a party.

3. Amber - Binkertation on said:

WOWEE what an amazing party – I’d totally hire you, too. You look gorgeous, by the way. Love all the details and mimosa bar?! delish!

4. Julie Jones on said:

Awesome post! The hand painted frames were my favorite Very creative! I bet you could pin those on Pinterest and got a lot of traffic back to your site!

5. Amanda Joy {Joy in the Jumble} on said:

So So Cute! I love that little Irish baby blessing:) It all came together great and has such a fun and personal theme.

6. Alaina Bullock on said:

Wow! What a great job! That was a beautiful and very creative shower!

7. Colette S on said:

Wow you are so creative!! You did this all beautifully! I know your step-sister must be thrilled!

8. I LOVE this! What great ideas! Thanks for coming to link up at We Three Crabs. Erica

9. Jaime Nicole on said:

That diaper cake is awesome! What a great shower! Nicely done!

10. Christy Maurer on said:

So creative! I love all of the detail you put into this shower. Your sister-in-law is fortunate to have you :)

11. Samantha Curtis on said:

This is the cutest thing EVER!!!!! AWESOME job!

12. Our Pinteresting Family on said:

Everything looks so beautiful! Great job!

13. Kristi C on said:

Oh wow everything looks amazing! You did a wonderful job!!!

14. Such a fabulous shower filled with so much thought and detail!! Every single detail was awesome! The brunch buffet looks amazing!! I LOVE the idea of leaving messages on diapers and the adorable pom poms on the hersheys bars. You did an amazing job!! And you look beautiful! What a happy day! XoxoxMaria

15. Donna McMorrow on said:

I love it! Absolutely adorable. Congratulations!

16. Peggy Hale on said:

Beautiful job! Everything is gorgeous and so many great details. Thanks for linking up with us at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs

17. That is so cool, its nice to see something different from the usual baby shower!

18. Ada Igoe on said:

Oh my goodness! You put so much work into this! This turned out so, so cute. I just love the Irish theme. If I ever have a baby shower, I want one just like this one!!

19. Lame Shrill Owl on said:

So creative!Stopping by from the WW blog hop! Please link up! http://savegreenbeinggreen.blogspot.com/2013/02/wordless-wednesday-and-grammy-goes-to.html

20. Mommy Had A Little Blog on said:

You are one crafty, party planning genius! Everything looks so wonderful! There is so much personalization and it makes the event so much more special for your step-sister. She’s lucky to have you :)

21. RudeMom Cyndee on said:

Awesome baby shower, congrats and this was the best looking shower I have ever seen.

22. Beth Duncan on said:

Wow! What an amazing shower! I love how you made it personable for her! Great job!

23. Must Love Freebies on said:

I LOVE it!

24. Angela Kinder on said:

The Irish in me is squealing with delight- beautifully done! When I have children, I want my first baby shower to be like that one.

25. Mary Walker on said:

This is one awesome baby shower. So many great ideas and it’s absolutely beautiful.

26. I just love this! Our baby will be named Finley (a Gaelic/Irish name)…this could be a really cute shower theme for us! ;)

27. Holy cow, you sure went all out!! I love all of the ideas. I can’t even pick something I like the most. I want to make one of those clovers with the words all over it!! Your stepsister is blessed!

28. Cynthia Landrie on said:

What great ideas! I have never decorated for St. Patricks Day, but I think I will now! What a wonderful party you threw!I found your site from Pinterest Tuesday. I have pinned this and now follow you on Pinterest and Facebook!Cynthia at http://Feeding Big.com

29. Cynthia Landrie on said:

Thanks for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Party! I know everyone will love your decorations!Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

30. Linda Kinsman on said:

Wow! You did an amazing job! I love the little details like the stenciled and painted frame and the duckies in the Sorbet punch.

31. lena jeanne on said:

You really did go all out!!! That is an amazing job.. LOVE THE WREATH

32. Elizabeth WaterRollsUphill on said:

That is quite the party, I am amazed at all of the special touches!

33. Kas Sartori on said:

I’m blown away by your talent! How do you find time to accomplish all this with two little ones, who must keep you very busy! You’ve certainly put me in the Irish spirit too!

34. Nici @ Posed Perfection on said:

What a fun baby shower! Great ideas for decorating for St. Patty’s Day too!Blessings,Nici

35. Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! on said:

Such a cute theme! Everything looked perfect!

36. Katherines Corner on said:

Wow you now how to throw a baby shower. Love this, love it all. Sorry I’m late getting here…thank you for adding your wonderful blog to the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

37. Betsy Pool on said:

Such a cute theme!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime. Pinning this.

38. Bethany Kline on said:

I love this baby shower! I loved it so much that it was featured this week over on Triple Heart Tuesdays! I would love it if you came by and linked up again ANY time and grab a featured button while you’re at it!Thanks!Bethany @ Thesepiapuppy.blogspot.com

39. Kendra Williams on said:

Katherine, I just love all of your baby shower decorations! How ADORABLE! Thank you for sharing at Crafty Thursday Obsessions!

40. Diana - FreeStyleMama on said:

What an amazing party! I just love it! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

41. Jennifer Williams on said:

Gorgeous and unique baby shower! These are also great general St. Patrick’s Day party ideas. Pinned!

42. You did such a lovely job. :)